[MCR] Slocan Ice - Selkirks

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Nov 30 22:38:39 EST 2010

Did some poking around today looking for ice and this is what we found:

Paradise - In great early season shape
Glade Falls - 1st pitch almost climbable on the right. 2nd and 3rd pitches
need more time.
Jacob Creek Falls - 1st pitch not in. 2nd pitch forming well but not
climbable yet.
Vanishing Falls - obscured
Upper Slocan Ice above pullout - right pitch looks climbable but approach
slab looks sporty with thin ice
Home By Noon - not even close to being in
Just Another Quickie - climbable but lower slab looks sketchy
Enterprise (where we ended up) - tricky approach over deadfall with only
about 20cm of snow on the ground. Ice in good early season (WI 4) shape
with some chandelier ice but taking long screws.

Cheers,
Shaun King - Mountain Guide
Mountain Sense Guiding & Instruction
www.mountainsense.ca