[MCR] Revelstoke - McCrae Peak - Oct 30th

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Oct 30 19:38:56 EDT 2010

Today we climbed McCrae Peak from the summer trail parking, and skied back to the car.

Snow
10cm fresh snow at the parking lot (~1800m), and 30-35cm evenly distributed fresh moist snow on the NW Glacier. Skiing on the glacier was excellent, but the rest of the way back to the car was very rocky as could be expected (photo below is climbing up towards the glacier from the small lake) . We did however make it all the way back to the car without walking thanks to others ahead of us who uncovered most of the rocks.

Weather
Poor visibility on the glacier and -7 deg on the summit at 12:45pm.

Avalanches
No signs of avalanches or even sloughing, everything seemed well bonded.

12 cars at the parking lot when we arrived back down!

Alex Geary (Assistant Ski Guide & Assistant Rock Guide)
Fred Amyot (Assistant Ski Guide & Assistant Rock Guide)