[MCR] Rockies, traverse of Haddo Peak to Mt Aberdeen

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Sep 3 23:59:03 EDT 2010

NIck Rapaich and I guided a traverse of Haddo Peak to Mt Aberdeen
today, Sept 3. The storm snow of earlier this week did nothing but
good things for this trip. A lot of firm footing in spongy snow on
the ice fields and glacier that lead up to the Haddo/Sheol col
(accessed from surprise valley). The east ridge of Haddo peak was
holding snow on the north side, but dry on its spine and southern
flank. Ankle to boot top snow on the glacier leading to Mt Aberdeen
granted good footing from the Haddo/Aberdeen col.

We descended the north glacier of Aberdeen with three lowers/rappels
on the upper headwall and a another four on the glacier tongue.

A fine walk in the sky.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com