[MCR] Rockies, traverse of Mt Yamnuska

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Sep 22 18:30:10 EDT 2010

Guided the Yamnuska Traverse from east to west today. 5-10 cms of
snow on the back side that had a crust and was actually good step
kicking, but will get icy with more traffic. The front side of the
mountain dried off nicely today and is good to go for climbing. We
saw a party half way up the route 'Yamabushi', which I hear recently
got downgraded to 5.12d so we can all get on it now ... HA!HA!HA!

Saw some fresh black bear tracks halfway up the trail to the east end
this morning. Bow hunters are about so wear something bright, and
make some noise for the bears, and the bow hunters.

UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide
http://www.barryblanchard.ca
http://www.yamnuska.com
barryb3 at telus.net