[MCR] Spray lake road condition & miners Couloir

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Apr 7 17:22:31 EDT 2011

Early this morning 2 friends and myself were heading down the spray lakes road to ski. There was about 40 cm on the road, which made for quite tricky driving conditions. We turned around about 20 minutes before Burstall Pass and back to Canmore to ski Miners Couloir. We were able to skin up from the parking lot all the way to the entrance of the run. Great conditions and face shot all way down to the big bowl. Lower down had to be careful of hard chunks from the last big avalanche which were covered. We didn't bring a rope for the lower rap, but instead slid on our bums off the 10 foot cliff.

winter continues!

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com