[MCR] Rockies, Nemesis

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Apr 13 22:27:52 EDT 2011

I guided Nemesis today, April 13. Good travel on snowshoes up to the
route (skiing would be better). Felt like winter up there this
morning, cold hands and cold toes on the first tier of the route.
There's just one line up the first tier and overall I'd say the route
is stiff this year. The climb is getting sun for about an hour in
the morning with the top edge of the route getting sun for a number
of hours. We had dry snow on route, and then snow ball snow when we
descended into the Stanley Valley. It felt like spring back at the
car at about 5pm.

Looks like great dust on crust skiing on the slopes below the route
today.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com