[MCR] Rockies, Polar Circus

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Apr 21 10:55:30 EDT 2011

I guided Polar Circus yesterday, April 20th. The route is in
incredible shape for this time of year with all the pitches right
from ground zero in great shape. Having said that I think that things
are going to change quickly this weekend when the sun comes out (a
weather forecast for Saskatchewan River Crossing here: http://
www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0269).

The bottom anchor for the last pitch is covered over with ice and
there are some cornices sitting on the climber's left hand prow at
the top.

We had cool cloudy conditions with flurries for the ascent and then
the sun came out on the descent. There was some snow balling and pin
wheeling happening on the lower snow slopes on the way down and water
was running on the edges any sun exposed ice.

See what's left after the weekend, if it gets cold and cloudy again.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com

Cornices at the top.

Fat at the top, and dry yesterday.