[MCR] Mt Assiniboine

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Aug 10 17:18:33 EDT 2011

Hi just back from Mt Assiniboine, fellow guide John Freeman and I climbed the peak on the 8th. As you can see in the Photo there is a lot of snow and ice on the route.
We were each guiding 2 clients and the icy conditions slowed us down a bit as we needed to use more belays and lowers/rappels than I have normally used in the past. Getting thru the red and grey bands were both quite straight forward.
It was 5.6 degrees celsius at 02:30 when we got up but conditions on the Mt were nice and cool. Long day for us, approx. 19hrs hut to hut.
The Gmoser highway is in good condition right now, a little snow at the start and a little near the end. Fellow guides Shaun King and Pierre Hunger guided Mt Sturdee on the 9th and reported good conditions.

Happy travels

Todd Craig
Mtn Guide
climb at persona.ca