[MCR] Mt Robson info 110814

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Aug 14 12:42:37 EDT 2011

Hiked the Robson river trail to Berg lake, the trail is dry, busy and in great shape. Had good clear weather and was able to get observations on the South, West and North sides.
The upper half of the South side above the hut is still snow covered, the South route traverse ledges below the seracs are still buried under snow.
The West Face is also all snow from 10 000 ft up.
Emperor Face is snow covered top to bottom with a corniced ridge.
The North Face is also completely snow covered with no ice showing at all with a few very large cornices at the summit ridge.
On North aspects no evidence of any loose snow avalanche activity, cold upper alpine temps persist and there is very little melting going on above 9000 ft.
The upper peak has not had the warming trend that it needs to clean it up and bring it into good conditions.
We were not able to see the Kain Face, the local heli pilots have not been out there yet but we suspect a very snowy face with a corniced ridge top.

The Park Rangers were reporting winter conditions, the mouse trap has been very active this year, no accents yet this year, last week the one and only known climbing party turned back
half way from the Extinguisher Tower attempting to get to the Robson ice fall cirque du to poor travel conditions.

Cheers
Mark Stewart

CIRRUS ALPINE GUIDES
Climb & Ski Adventures