[MCR] Mt Lefroy

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Aug 17 12:40:51 EDT 2011

John Freeman and I guided the standard route on Mt Lefroy this morning. We found favorable conditions and mostly solid snow steps the whole way. Temp was +1 at the hut at 4 am and -2 about half way up the route. We observed a 1.5 point release avalanche yesterday evening that originated in the rocks (climbers left) and entrained a fair amount of snow on the lower part of the route.

Cheers
Andrew