[MCR] Rockies, North Glacier/Ramp route Mt Athabasca

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Aug 19 22:12:50 EDT 2011

I guided an ascent of the North Glacier/Ramp route on Mt Athabasca
today, August 19th. We had a fabulous freeze and perfect conditions.
We used the 'Middle Station' access point to the glacier (pictured
below) and that sets you up well to traverse well below the serac
debris from earlier in the season. There was 5-15 cm of recent storm
snow sitting on a bullet-proof crust (today) on the ramp.

A great day on Atha-B

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com