[MCR] Bow Summit - December 12

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Dec 12 03:04:10 EST 2011

Overcast with light winds from NW, -9 and snowing lightly all day at Bow Summit today. We skied up to higher treeline. 70-100cm supportive snowpack with depth hoar and faceted basal layer producing easy to moderate compression test results, no wumphing, ski cutting produced no results and we saw no new avalanches. Windslab prevalent on any wind affected slopes. Boot top ski pen with good skiing in wind sheltered areas. Bow Summit still has many little trees sticking out and thus below treeline skiing is limited and shortened until we get more snow cover.

Parking lot gets crowded early as it has not been totally plowed.

Eric Dumerac - Professional Mountain Guide - IFMGA/ACMG, CAA II ,CSIA II
✆Canada: Canmore 011- 403-609-1564
Mountain Skills Academy