[MCR] Fang and Fist, North Ghost

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Dec 18 22:59:24 EST 2011

I guided an ascent of F&F today in the ghost.

There was approx 10-12cms of new snow that had fallen since yesterday evening. The winds were calm in the Claw Creek area all day and there was no snow transport due to wind. I witnessed some sloughing of the new snow in steep terrain.

The route is in excellent shape for the third year in a row and the first 3 pillars are well formed and in true WI5 shape.

The 4x4ing is getting a little sportier but all river crossings weren't too bad with a stock jeep and winter tires.

Kris Irwin
ACMG Assistant Alpine Guide
www.rockies-ice.com

Sent from my iMachine