[MCR] Whimper Wall

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Feb 9 23:38:45 EST 2011

Climbed Whimper Wall today. I put a track in close to the cliff all the way to the ice. The mid- pack is quite strong and supported my weight . I dug down and had a hard shear on the first slope, that went down from the Weeping Wall Right. I felt good with the track that I set. There was one other party that came with snow shoes and caught up to us at the start of the ice. At the beginning they wanted to contour around below my track, but felt a huge whoomp (slope settlement). They decided to go right up to our track. The track is nicely paved and the ice was in great shape.

Happy Climbing,

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com