[MCR] Taylor Lake

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Feb 10 19:46:20 EST 2011

We went up to the Taylor Lake area (close to Panorama Ridge) today.

We skied on some North facing slopes which had a variable upper layer. It ranged from nice snow to thin windcrust to thicker windslab. As of today those layers were not reactive to skier traffic. The South facing slopes had mostly nice snow. About 10cm ski penetration. Those slopes provided very good skiing.

No new avalanche observed, no whumpfing or cracking. The midpack feels quite strong right now. Temps ranged from -14 to -3 with an average of -8 at around treeline. Winds were light gusting to strong. The trail up to the lake flats is well packed (thank you snowshoers) which made for a quick access and egress.

Felix Camire

ACMG Hiking & Ski Guide

www.elgato.ca