[MCR] Rockies, The Professor Falls. Pretty Nuts

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Feb 23 22:16:34 EST 2011

I guided The Professor Falls. on Feb 22. We rode bikes to the where
you branch off onto the right hand road, which is not plowed. If you
take bikes leave them there as beyond that the road is too deep in
snow to be rideable. The route is in fine shape, although we didn't
make it up to the last pitch.

Today, Feb 23rd, I guided Pretty Nuts. We took one bike and our
driver biked down to us after dropping us and the gear off. Biked
back up to get the truck for the pick-up at the end of the day.
Faster than walking the 2 kms there, and 2 kms back. The route is in
great shape. Solid walking from the road to the route, and between
the pitches, on avalanche debris and slid-to-ground hardness. We
traversed climbers right to finish the 3rd step of ice, as per the
guidebook, and got down fall-line in 3 full 70 meter rappels from
trees. Our last rappel was spiraled to climber's right to reach the
high debris in a drainage where we frontpointed down for 5 meters,
then walked down to the road.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com