[MCR] Rockies-Evans Thomas Creek Ice climbs-January 2nd, 2010

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 2 16:08:44 EST 2011

Chantilly, Moonlight and Snowline are fat. Two Low for Zero is rock covered in depth hoar for the first 10m at least. Unpleasant climbing and no decent gear without a fat pin rack and maybe some small cams. I gently bailed off the old bolt at around 15m as the icy-looking groove above was just dirt for the first few metres.

I felt too young and too old to end my winter so early on such scruffy climbing:)

Larry Stanier