[MCR] avalanche on Edith Cavell

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jul 6 17:58:25 EDT 2011

I was just in Jasper at Edge Control (one of local shops) and Paula
Beauchamp who runs "Walks and Talks" took these photos on Saturday
(July 2nd 2011)
She took the shots from the trail above the small glacial tarn where
people often wander closer to the mountain than they should.

She said it was quite scary and people were scattering as this
massive slide came down.

I saw the first shot of the powder cloud and was very impressed.

Just to confirm what has been posted over the last few
days.......there is still an avalanche hazard out there and I would
guess we will see more before it gets better.

Pretty impressive shots! just when you thought it was summer

Peter Amann
Mountain Guide

Peter Amann
pamann at incentre.net