[MCR] Snow along the Rockies divide around Lake Louise/Lake O'Hara on July 8th and 9th.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jul 10 01:43:19 EDT 2011

Snow over night on friday down to around 2300m sticking to the talus and snow but not to the steep rock. Light rain all day at 2100m and during a brief clearing at 6pm I could see snow had been accumulating all day to around 2700m and all the waterfalls above that elevation were frozen. Damn soggy couple of days but not really a LOT of precipitation at Lake O'Hara, so I am hopeful things would improve quickly given a chance.

Larry Stanier
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
laristan at telus.net