[MCR] Rogers Pass, July 14

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Jul 14 19:36:45 EDT 2011

Lots of conditions about the Columbia Icefields recently, thought it would
be good to hear a little about Rogers Pass.

Went for a gentle stroll up the Illecillewaet drainage today (July 14).
Reasonable weather in the morning but deteriorated through the day and
ended up raining pretty hard by about 2pm. I was able to snap a good pic of
Sir Donald (attached). I haven't heard if anyone has been up there yet, I
would expect snow at the bivy sight however. The Eagle/Avalanche bowl was
pretty snowy still.

Also took a pick of Abbot Ridge (attached).

All in all pretty quiet up there, and things are looking better and
better... more like summer than winter anyway.

Ian Tomm
ACMG Ski Guide