[MCR] Columbia Icefields - July 25-28/11

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jul 29 13:09:46 EDT 2011

Hello,

Geoff Ruttan and I just spent the past 4 days guiding in the Columbia Icefields area. We experienced variable weather including snow and heavy rain on the 26-27th. The snow line was just above treeline but quickly retreated as the sun came out. We climbed A2 and Boundary Peak and found good conditions. The avalanches and icefall reported by Barry are still very visable and are making an ascent of the Silverhorn or the Ramp route seem questionable.

It's starting to look like summer up there but caution for those deeper snow pack areas.

Have a great weekend!

Jesse de Montigny
ACMG Mountain Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures