[MCR] Whistler Creek and Back side of Marmot

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Mar 27 12:57:32 EDT 2011

Out for a ski yesterday in Whistler Creek.
Used the ski hill to gain access to Marmot Peak. A short walk down
and ski's can be put on again. Parties have been skiing the main
gully over this last week, with the new snow.

Continued down the ridge past the main gully and beyond the big cross
loaded feature. The area beyond here and towards Marmot pass is lower
angle cruiser terrain. There was great skiing almost down to the
creek with about 10cm of new snow sitting on a hard surface.

Noticed on small size 1-1.5 slab that looked fairly recent in the
cirque under the north face of Manx. No other signs of recent
activity other than some small sluffs off the solar aspects on Indian Ridge.
Once I took my skis off for a break in the creek bed, I realized I
was in the Jasper Rockies again as I plunged to ground.
The trail out of Whistler creek is in good shape, good coverage.

Peter Amann
Mountain Guide

Peter Amann
pamann at incentre.net