[MCR] Resplendent Mountain

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Mar 30 15:39:16 EDT 2011

I attempted Resplendent Mountain with one client and a Practicum March 26 to 29th. We did the long approach from the parking lot to Berg Lake. I May consider a helicopter in the future. We skied all the way to 2600 meters and we stopped due to weather moving in and the ceiling dropping down lo. At 5:00 a.m when started was a beautiful morning . The snowpack consisted of anywhere from 100 cm at the toe of the glacier to 250-275 cm up higher where we stopped. The skiing quality was excellent (boot top powder). The temperatures ranged from-15C to -3C depending on your elevation and time of day. I noticed couple fractures on solar Aspects that were a few days old, other than that no other avalanches.

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com