[MCR] Northern Selkirks- Durrand Glacier Chalet

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Nov 2 01:49:43 EDT 2011

This is posted on behalf of Mountain Guide Ruedi Beglinger.

This morning (November 1st 2011) I flew to the Durrand Glacier Chalet, Northern Selkirk Mountains, to check the early winter snowpack. Height of snow at the Durrand Glacier Chalet snow study plot (tree-line 1946 m elev.) 153cm. Foot penetration was 75cm and ski penetration 25cm. The snowpack at tree-line and in the alpine showed good consolidation. While skiing from Woolsey Peak down Boogie Basin we experienced great powder snow. I have placed a short video on YouTube, please find the link below.
We had a great day skiing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJ2fYXJ_QY

Ruedi Beglinger
I.F.M.G.A Mountain Guide