[MCR] Rogers Pass: Puff Daddy

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Nov 18 22:54:54 EST 2011

G.G. and I skied a line in Puff Daddy today (steep, south facing, lightly treed terrain between Grizzly Shoulder and Hermit).

No recent signs of avalanches observed but we had mediocre visibility.

We pushed out an "extra large pizza" on a small, steep, wind loaded roll at treeline that failed on the surface hoar buried recently. So we avoided wind effected terrain where the skiing would have been crap anyway.

Where we went the skiing was low-density, high-speed, blower pow with chest shots.

Still lots of buried hazards and we both have core shots to prove it.

Mark Klassen
IFMGA/ACMG Mountain Guide
More info/photos: alpinism.com | Mountain & Ski Guiding | BLOG