[MCR] Castle Mountain

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Aug 24 17:25:15 EDT 2012

Climbed Eisenhower Tower with Clare and Annick yesterday.There is a bolt hanger missing on the 2nd rap station off the summit. Right now there are slings connecting one bolt with an old rusty homemade hanger. We were able to bypass the single bolt rap station just above the Dragons back by using 2 ropes.There is a good water supply in the gully just before the hut. It's located about 5m below the path on the way to the hut. You can hear and see it when exiting the approach gully. It takes less than a minute to fill a 1 litre Nalgene bottle. The water is hard to see because of a land slide that has occured in this gully since I was last there (couple of years ago). Nice not to have to carry water all the way up there.Cheers,Steve BlagbroughPaul Chiddle.Yamnuska Mountain Adventures