[MCR] Hwy 93N & Recent Storm Snow

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Dec 5 14:27:27 EST 2012

Hey there,
Just a quick note, which might already be a bit stale. Out for a day of Ice Climbing on the 93N yesterday just North of the Weeping Wall. Snowing at least 1cm/hr all day yesterday accompanied by winds consistently stronger than 50km/hr. The winds at least seemed to be blowing hard from Lake Louise all the way up to where we spent the day climbing.
On the drive home, we watched numerous loose snow and soft slab avalanches up to Sz. 2 running naturally from steep, lee and cross loaded terrain. Combined with the heavy snowfall providing lot's of available snow for transport, as well as the winds that are still continuing to blow way upwards of the moderate range up there, those windslabs will be forming and growing quickly changing things rapidly.
Head's up out there.
Mike TrehearneAlpine Guide & Apprentice Ski Guide
Cloud Nine GuidesCheck out:www.facebook.com/cloudnineguides
or email:mike at cloudnineguides.com