[MCR] Coast Mountains, Cerise Creek

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Dec 7 21:58:37 EST 2012

I skied in the Cerise Creek drainage for the past couple of days.

The trail is skiable from the parking lot. At the top of the cut block the old Snow Stake read 140cm. The route to the Anniversary Gl involves a little creativity by the creek but is simple. The snow level is flush with the cabin’s porch. We had 30-40 cm ski penetration most of the way up. At the cabin Foot Penetration was waist deep. We got 20cm new snow last night.

There was evidence of mid storm slab avalanche activity off Joffre to Sz 2.5-3 at 2000 m.

Ski cutting made only sluffs. A quick pit at about 1900m on a NE aspect showed 60cm Fist density snow above 4 Finger+ density snow.

We got no compression test result other than mid storm snow collapses. Probing showed about 2m snow depth.

We skied a couple of reasonably conservative lines and had face shots all the way.

Dave Sarkany

DSK Guiding

acmg_ski_SKGABC scanned logo- july 2011

ACMG Ski Guide