[MCR] Ghost Ice - Beowolf

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Dec 20 18:54:14 EST 2012

Howdy Iceclimbers,

Another great day out in the Ghost w friends Larry, Pat and Tim. Today our travels took us up the next drainage EAST canyoneering up Beowolf.

The crux WI4 pitches seemed easy for the grade although glassy and brittle like Fang & Fist yesterday. Both pitches are dry. The last pitch was aerated making for challenging screw placements. The rambling ice in between is wet in places. The transitions from ice to snow need to be watched for pooling water.

We were able to avoid the last sporty creek crossing today by driving around it 50m on solid ice.

Brent Peters
Apprentice Alpine Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures

Sent from my iPhone