[MCR] Special Public Avalanche Warning

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Feb 23 15:55:08 EST 2012

The CAC has issued a special public avalanche warning for most of our forecast regions, valid until Monday, February 27. We expect the number of avalanches to decrease as the weekend progresses and it will become more difficult to trigger slides, but if you do set one off it'll probably be bigger as the weeke3nd progresses. Even though danger ratings will probably come down, I think we are in for an extended period of elevated risk of human triggering of large, destructive avalanches.

To view the SPAW, go to www.avalanche.ca/cac<http://www.avalanche.ca/cac> and click on the red warning bar at the top of the page or click here<http://www.avalanche.ca/uploads/SPAW/Special%20Warning%20Feb%2023%202012.pdf> to go directly to the info.

Karl Klassen - Manager, Public Avalanche Warning Service
Canadian Avalanche Centre, kklassen at avalanche.ca<mailto:kklassen at avalanche.ca>