[MCR] Marble Canyon

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jan 3 20:52:20 EST 2012

My climbing partner and I enjoyed a quiet day at Marble Canyon today - nobody else there.

Tokkum Pole is quite featured for the first 8m or so due to all the traffic of climbers over the holidays. This makes the start challenging to find good pro - beware if you're pulling your rap lines in and committing to the lead out.

Swine Dive and Fantasy Shower are in good shape but you can't top out on Fantasy Shower(like the guidebook describes) in its current condition.

The ice shelves at the base are solid in most spots. No soakers today.

Climbers - if you can help it, try not urinate on the snow and ice around the base of the routes. It's unsightly and it will start to smell like the big ledge on El Cap. It all ends up in the water anyway so pee in the water. Dilution is the solution in this case.

Have fun out there

Kris Irwin - ACMG Assistant Alpine Guide
www.rockies-ice.com

Sent from my iMachine