[MCR] Lake Louise, Louise Falls, Jan4

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jan 4 23:07:59 EST 2012

Guided Louise falls today.
Overcast with light snow (S-1) during most of the day, calm and -3 when we returned to the base of the climb.
We were the 1st group (3) on the route today. We saw10 climbers in various parties climbing or waiting to climb today. Great to see people being patient, using timing and choice of climbing line to reduce their risk from climbers above. Well done.
Hero ice that was a little on the wet side for the entire route. At the crux pillar we belayed in the cave on the right side of the pillar. Easy traverse out past some dripping ice to a groove that offered many hooks and good stemming options to the top. As usual there are many ice daggers of various sizes hanging in the cave. They seem to be behaving themselves with the comfortable temps at the moment.
We took the usual walk off to climbers right.

Happy Climbing.

John Freeman
ACMG – Alpine Guide
www.johnfreemanguide.com