[MCR] Coire Dubh Integrale

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jan 21 20:45:18 EST 2012

Climbed Coire Dubh Integrale today, Jan 21, with Joe Delamont.

We kept a close watch on conditions, given the unfavourable forecast of
warm temps and wind. Indeed, at the base of the route the temperature
was -9°C, at the top it was -2°C and by the time we got back to the car
it was 4°C.

There was a lot of wind transport between 10:00 and 12:00, but
interestingly most of the snow was sublimating and didn't seem to be
falling on the route. No spindrift avalanches were observed. There were
some isolated areas of windslab that required care, but most of the
route has less than 15 cm of snow and seemed to be below threshold. That
said, there was 10-15 cm of snow on most of the harder sections, making
for very time consuming climbing - definitely harder than normal.

Take care,

Grant Meekins
ACMG Mountain Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures <http://yamnuska.com/>