[MCR] Bow Hut

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jul 10 19:31:13 EDT 2012

Just back from 3 days at Bow Hut.

There was a report off grizzly in the Bow Falls area on Sunday July 8.

The creek crossing below the hut is on snow and there were no issues there. This snow will be there for awhile.

We found excellent settled snow conditions below 2700 m. Above that elevation we had ankle to boot top penetration to the summit of Mt Gordon.

Ice is beginning to show in the crevassed area above the old hut site. There are still a few large cornices about and signs of recent cornice failures as well as rockfall and loose snow avalanches on steep solar aspects.

Mark Klassen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada

cell/ 403.762.3540
email/ mark at alpinism.com
web/ alpinism.com
facebook/ facebook.com/alpinism
twitter/ @CdnMtnGuide

Sent from my mobile device for which I refuse to advertise