[MCR] Rogers Pass 15-20 July

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jul 20 17:07:22 EDT 2012

I was guiding out of the Asulkan and Sapphire Col huts this past week.

I would echo Danyelle's observations from her last post.

We had excellent conditions on snow/ice routes on a wide variety of
objectives between Young's Peak and Mt. Clarke. Well settled, deep summer
snowpack. We observed little in the way of hazards such as rockfall or
cornice fall, with one small cornice chunk coming off of Swanzy seen on
Tuesday evening.

We had overnight lows in the +10 to +13 range and quite a bit of cloud
cover, so no freezes up to mountain tops throughout the week. Thinner
snowpatches in rocky areas were isothermal and melting fast.

A big thanks to the trail crew for touching up the trail and putting in the
final bridge for our return trip this morning.

PS -- I found a Leatherman at the col between the Lily Gl and Dome Gl.
Identify it and you can have it back.

Regards,
Tom Wolfe
Mountain Guide ACMG/IFMGA