[MCR] Guides Rock & Yamnuska

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Jun 11 18:27:13 EDT 2012

Spent the last couple days guiding a few rock routes out of the Bow Valley here.

Climbed Aftonroe on Guides Rock yesterday, and despite the fact that it had been raining only a few hours prior, was dry almost top to bottom except for a small 20m section on the second to last pitch. Given the amount of wind the feature catches seems to dry faster than a lot of other lines.
The gully between the 3 Roofs area and Aftonroe had enough water flowing through that it will likely be pretty easy to fill up water bottles for the next few days - save carrying it up from the car if you didn't want to.

Mike's post on Yam pretty much covered it, we had pretty much bone dry conditions as well on the Easy Street, and even the approach trail had dried up quite a bit just in the time it took us to climb the route and get back to the car.

Despite the amount of rain and amount of moisture laying around in the terrain the last few days, didn't hear any rockfall at all on either route. We'd expected at least a little but nice not to hear anything rattling down the walls :)

Bring on the sunny skies and warm temps!

Mike Trehearne
Alpine Guide / Apprentice Ski Guide
mike at cloudnineguides.com

Sent from my iPad