[MCR] Rockies, Louise Falls and Weeping Wall Right Side

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Mar 2 17:35:03 EST 2012

On February 29th I guided an ascent of Louise Falls. There are two main pillars well formed although it didn't look to me like the right hand one had been climbed. It would definitely be a grade harder than the left hand -where everyone has been climbing. Little dagger threat on the climb right now. The walk off trail is well established.

March 1st and 2nd (today) I guided ascents of the Right Side of the Weeping Wall. The route is in fine shape with lots to stand on on the steepest passage. The final pitch is probably the hardest right now with not much to stand on and lots of being on your frontpoints.

The cold has repaired a lot of the first pitch of Snivelling Gully and it was climbed on both days.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com