[MCR] Northern Selkirks

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Mar 11 12:33:54 EDT 2012

Conrad Janzen, Chris Gooliaff and I spent March 3-10 guiding in Sorcerer Lodge in the northern Selkirks.

Ski quality was good all week and we received about a meter of snow in two separate storms, with settlement rates in this storm snow in the 50% range.

Due to a touchy surface hoar layer probably now buried 70-100 cm deep we skied either heavily forested terrain (no glades) or open slopes of less than 30 degrees with no overhead hazard.

We observed shooting cracks, whumpfing and avalanches size 1-3 every day.

Mark Klassen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada

web/ alpinism.com
twitter/ @CdnMtnGuide

Sent from my mobile device for which I refuse to advertise