[MCR] Chilcotin Mountains: McGillvray Pass

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Mar 23 22:46:58 EDT 2012

Just finishing off a week at McGillvray Lodge in the Coast range.

We have had about 40 cm of snow over the week, on top of the large storm they had here last week. The sun has come out the last couple of days and there are variable, thin sun crusts southerly aspects.

Cornices are huge and not well supported and these have been our main concern this week. There is also a crust and facet layer buried less than a meter deep on thin and crossloaded solar aspects that has made us avoid those slopes. Plenty of good skiing on other aspects.

We have not seen any avalanches this week.

The skiing has been great.

Mark Klassen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada