[MCR] Selkirk Mountains - Rogers Pass - Ursus Minor trees/Bruins Pass - Nov.14/2012

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Nov 14 22:54:04 EST 2012

I was skiing in the Ursus Minor trees as well as Bruins Pass area today and
things have definitely changed since my last day out on Sunday.

The area has received 20-25cms of storm snow since Sunday, and today there
were moderate to strong SW winds in the Treeline and Alpine elevations (and
some down valley winds in the Connaught ck. drainage) - this was accompanied
by mild temps and higher humidity and has resulted in some touchy (meaning I
saw several skier triggered windslabs to size 1.5) conditions in specific
terrain features.

The Nov.6th raincrust is now down 60+cms once you are above 1900m. and is
significantly deeper on lee wind loaded features.

So just a heads up to everyone that things are not so free and easy as they
have been, and prudent terrain choices(like avoiding steep wind
effected/loaded slopes) are in order - that said there is some great skiing
out there and the valley bottom trail is definitely improving with each
additional snowfall.

Cheers,

Scott Davis