[MCR] Sinatra Falls - Mt Kidd

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Nov 16 18:57:54 EST 2012

Climbed Sinatra Falls on Mt Kidd today (Nov16).

Overall conditions were good with plastic ice and ice screws of all lengths can be used. Some pitchs were a bit wet and the final pitch has a couple of short sections of thin ice. There were some minor rock fall occurrences during the heat of the day, and we were glad to be off the climb early. Last year's large avalanches have made the traverse from the top of the climb to the descent shoulder a little less pleasant due to numerous downed trees. We observed no avalanche activity today, but this is certainly something to keep in mind.

Have fun!

Jeremy Mackenzie

IFMGA/ACMG Mountain Guide