[MCR] Rockies, Bow Summit

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Nov 22 19:46:38 EST 2012

Did a few laps on the west facing slopes of Observation Peak today. Typical variable snowpack for this area, with 60-120 cm of snow. There was about 10-15 cm of recent storm snow atop a supportive mid pack. No whumpfing or cracking. There were a few avalanches out of extreme terrain that had run in the past 48 hrs, to size 2.5. No recent wind effect in the terrain we skied and only minimal effects on the peaks and ridges. Nice day and good skiing if you steer around the rocks.

Name: photo.JPG

Mark Klassen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada

cell/ 403.762.3540
email/ mark at alpinism.com
web/ alpinism.com
facebook/ facebook.com/alpinism
twitter/ @CdnMtnGuide

Sent from my mobile device for which I refuse to advertise