[MCR] Revelstoke, new route on Victorl Lake Wall

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Oct 7 19:10:50 EDT 2012

Hello everybody

One week ago I climbed together with Cam Molder, Manuela Arnold and Eric Dafoe a new route on the Victor Lake Wall, 14.4 km west of Revelstoke, directly above the lake and the Trans Canada Highway. The route offered all clean climbing on good rock. It is mostly bolted (ground up) but several sections need gear placements. 10 pitches, 5.10c, gear cams 0.5 to 2 inches, 5 shoulder size slings and single 70 m or double 60 m ropes. After the climb easy walk off back down to the highway, 30 minutes.

Conditions in Revelstoke are perfect for longer rock routes on south facing walls. Cold nights and great temperatures during the day. I usually start the climbs at 09:00 AM and enjoy the warm radiation of the autumn sun. It is still great to be out there every day ......

Enjoy climbing
Ruedi Beglinger
I.F.M.G.A. / A.C.M.G Mountain Guide
info at selkirkexperience.com