[MCR] Revelstoke, we can still climb

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Oct 18 11:41:13 EDT 2012

Hello Everybody

Well, winter is in the mountains and the snow-line is well below tree-line. Temperatures are at the cooler side and the moist air hanging out in the valleys makes climbing rather difficult. Yesterday I climbed on the Victor Lake Wall. Warm temperatures and try rock on the upper part of the wall. We walked the descent trail to the top of the Victor Lake Wall and rappelled from the top of the wall into several routes, climbing the top few pitches in the warm radiation of the sun. While standing or hanging on the belay, doing my job, my eyes and mind kept escaping into the snow covered slopes and glaciers of Mt.English, looking forward to the arriving winter and al this inspiring powder-turns. Anyway, if you still wish to climb some warm rock, then this can be found in larger walls with southerly aspects. In the Revelstoke area the Victor Lake Wall and the Columbia Buttress are great for this type of climbing until late October.

Enjoy the last days on the rock, skiing is here soon.
Ruedi Beglinger
A.C.M.G I.F.M.G.A. Mountain Guide
www.selkirkexperience.com
info at selkirkexperience.com