[MCR] Valhallas, Southern Selkirks

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Sep 9 01:52:02 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I guided an ascent of the south ridge on Gimli peak today Sept 8. Despite the perfect week-end weather, we were pleasantly surprised to have the route to ourselves.

Conditions are pretty ideal in the Valhallas at the moment, all the alpine rock routes on Gimli and around Mulvey basin are dry. Things may change in the next few days as an approaching cold front is forecast to move through the area.

A few notes; there is no running water anymore at the Gimli campsite. Also, the road is quite bumpy and has several steep rutted-out sections, a 4X4 vehicle is highly recommended.

Have a great week-end!

David Lussier
Mountain Guide
www.summitmountainguides.com