[MCR] Bugaboos

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Sep 28 11:21:22 EDT 2012

Chris Miller (Mountain Guide) and I just spent several days with a group in the Bugaboos.

It is still late summer conditions there. Warm afternoon temperatures allowed groups to climb on shaded routes such as Wildflowers and Sunshine. Tuesday's storm did not put any snow on the peaks.

Glacier travel is crevassed but basically no change from previous reports. Climbing to B-S col is still doable around a few crevasses and schrunds, and with some scrappiness just before the col on what looked like ice and gravel (we didn't go there).

The hut was getting shut down when we left yesterday so the electricity will be off and there will be no running water. I think there will still be propane but not sure. The ACC is still taking bookings for the hut until the seasonal closure that starts November 1.

Mark Klassen