[MCR] S Victoria and Collier

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Aug 29 12:59:09 EDT 2013

Fellow guides Darek Glowacki, Carl Johnston and Marc Piche climbed S Victoria yesterday in winter like conditions. Freezing level was at 3000m with snow and rime on the upper mountain. The Sickle is icy w small crevasses. We descended via the Huber Ledges. Firn line at 3000m.

Today we climbed Mt Collier via the Plain of Six in more pleasant fall like conditions. Travel on the north glacier is becoming particularly challenging with plenty of wide open crevasses. We crossed the schrund on the left and centre. The right was crossed yesterday by another party. Above the schrund the black band is dry to the col. The climbing on the SW ridge of Collier was dry.

Brent Peters
Apprentice Alpine Guide
CAA Level 2
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures