[MCR] Southern Purcells

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Dec 11 22:53:42 EST 2013

I went for a ski tour up Hellroaring Creek branch C. Pretty deep light snow on the old snowmobile track. The going was pretty good. I would not of wanted to double or tow anyone. Steep roads that have not been broken yet this year will be a good challenge of the capabilities of your snowmobile and riding skills.

We skied the south facing slopes and our high point was about 2200m. The skiing was good for the amount of coverage. There was an average of 120cm of snow. The storm snow from last week has settled out to 45cm of still low density snow which sits on the Nov. 28th crust and seems to be bonding quite well. The only concern that I found today was some 80cm deep wind slabs right at and directly below lee slopes.

These are just the observations that i have made in a very small area on a southerly aspect and does not show what is going on on other aspects out there.

ACMG Ski guide
Dan Madell