[MCR] Ghost Access and S Ghost Update

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Feb 8 21:00:16 EST 2013

Just getting back from S Ghost w friends Mark and Tim.

Warm day and sunny ice. Easy travel in to S Ghost. Immediately after the blue bridge we turned RIGHT and headed across the ice through the trees.

Malignant Mushroom (MM) is in good shape. Limited sun affect at this time. Good gear throughout.

Wicked Wanda has significant overhead hazard in the centre. We climbed up on the RIGHT to top in one pitch to avoid traversing under hanging curtains. Final roofs are manicured to allow exit. Good gear throughout although more challenging than MM. We cleared the hazard from our climbing line and also as much hanging as possible from the rappel line on the LEFT.

Warm temps, wind and sun are creating spring like conditions. On our way out we were breaking through the ice 6-8" by the blue bridge. Have a safe weekend.

Brent Peters
AAG
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures

Sent from my iPhone