[MCR] S Ghost & Field - Ice Climbing

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Feb 9 23:38:55 EST 2013

Hey there,
Been working the past few days in the South Ghost and down in Field, Ice Guiding.
Brent covered the bulk of the south ghost info yesterday, we actually dovetailed those guys up Malignant Mushroom and Wicked Wanda - what we did run into on the way out was a couple trucks absolutely planted near the blue bridge later last night. There's some pretty significant holes that would be easy to drive into if you stick to the trees on the inside corner. Took us a while to pry them out of the ice.
Up Silk Tassel and Bubble Wrap Blues today down in Field. Silk Tassel was in good shape, good protection throughout and a variety of lines that hadn't been traveled at all which was nice. Bubble Wrap Blues was in good shape too, protected well throughout, and climbed at WI 4+ or easy WI5. Some more technical ice features in places, but for the most part, good sticks and good pro. Definitely wet - worth bringing the gore-tex along for the ride.
An early start would be a really great idea, and plan to be nowhere near the feature well before things really start to warm up.
Have a good one!
Mike TrehearneAlpine Guide / Apprentice Ski Guide
Cloud Nine GuidesFB: www.facebook.com/cloudnineguidesT: @CloudNineGuidesEmail: mike at cloudnineguides.